The increasing pace of technological change and development leads to major shifts in the digital, mobile and social industry around the world. This global digital report reveals important trends and milestones reached in that sense.
By browsing through this document, you will find key insights from this year’s reports accompanied by detailed analysis. However, here are the main headlines from it:
• The number of social media users in 2018 is 3.196 billion, as part of this growth, we are seeing larger numbers of older users joining social media too
• The number of internet users in 2018 is 4.021 billion
• The number of mobile phone users in 2018 is 5.135 billion
• For the third year in a row, Filipinos spend the greatest amount of time on social media with an average time of 4 hours spent on social every day.
• Facebook’s core platform still dominates the global social landscape followed by Youtube and WhatsApp which has the stronger geographic position.
• Facebook's organic reach and engagement rates have both dropped over the past year
⚡️For being up to date with the latest news on messaging and chatbots space, subscribe to our newsletter.